Feel like setting up Netgear Nighthawk WiFi extender because you want to access a blazing-fast internet in every nook and cranny of your house? Your search ends here because you have redirected on the right post. In this guide, we’ll teach you how to set up Netgear Nighthawk WiFi range extender without any hassle. Read on!
Things You Need Before Configuration
Listed below are the requirements that you need to have handy before you begin with the process of Netgear WiFi extender setup:
- A power adapter
- Damage-free Ethernet cables
- Working wall socket
- Extender login credentials
- A strong internet connection
- Charged laptop or desktop
- An up-to-date router
That’s all! After having all the above-mentioned things handy, follow the instructions highlighted below to set up your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi range extender in a fly. Let’s get the ball rolling!
Guidelines to Set Up Netgear Extender
Given below are the instructions that you need to follow in exact given order to perform Netgear WiFi extender setup:
- Hardware Configuration
Let’s start by configuring the hardware of your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi range extender device, shall we? For this,
- Plug your Nighthawk extender into a working wall outlet.
- Grab an Ethernet cable. Ensure that the cable you are using doesn’t have any sort of damages.
- Connect your extender and router properly. Make sure that the connection between your devices is strong enough.
- Wait for a couple of seconds. Let the LEDs on your devices become stable.
- Placement of Your Extender
Yes, you read it right! The placement of your Nighthawk extender matters a lot in well-functioning of the device. Also, for the configuration process, the placement of the extender plays a very important role. So, given-below are the things that you need to consider while placing your Nighthawk extender:
Choose a center-most location in your home while placing your Nighthawk extender.
If you are connecting your Nighthawk extender and router in a wireless manner, then note that – your devices must not be placed too closer to each other. Doing so will clash the WiFi signals of your extender and router. The optimal distance between your devices must not exceed the limit of 50 feet and shouldn’t be placed beyond 20 feet.
Avoid placing your Nighthawk extender where it is catching WiFi signals of your neighboring networks.
- Access Mywifiext.net
- Power on your PC or laptop.
- Ensure that the device is within range of your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Open a web browser on your choice.
- Type mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 in the browser’s address bar. Don’t forget to clear cache, junk files, and browsing history from your internet browser.
- Hit the Enter key.
- Doing so will take you to Netgear extender login page.
Bonus: This step will also be helpful to you if you want to get Netgear Nighthawk router login success. Just use 192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net web address instead of 192.168.1.250 or mywifiext.net.
- Use the Default Admin Details
Once the Netgear extender login page – provide the default login credentials of your Nighthawk device and click on the Log In button. If you have changed the Nighthawk login credentials at the time of Netgear WiFi extender setup, we suggest you use them instead.
- You’re Done
Netgear Genie setup wizard will appear. Follow the on-screen instructions and set up your Netgear Nighthawk WiFi range extender like a pro.
Bonus: For the configuration of the Nighthawk router, navigate to its dashboard using Nighthawk router login details and follow the on-screen instructions.
In a Nutshell
This was all about how to set up Netgear Nighthawk WiFi range extender without any hassle. We hope that this post helped you out? Please do not hesitate to share your feedback with us. After configuring your Netgear Nighthawk extender, you will be able to enjoy a blazing-fast and seamless internet connection throughout your house. If you need more assistance – without much delay – drop your concerns into the comments section.