We carried out a performance campaign for one of the largest developers. Our client successfully commissions residential, social and infrastructure facilities.
We launched an advertising campaign for four residential complexes. The result is effective reach among the target audience and a 2-fold reduction in the cost of a lead. We tell you about the target, promotion indicators and effective advertising tools for the real estate market.
What the target audience of the developer can be
To select a target audience for real estate advertising, you need to build on the level of housing: economy, comfort, business, premium. This determines the behavioral patterns of users and the motivation to buy. For example, a potential buyer of comfort class real estate is a person with an average + income level. Representatives of this audience select housing to improve the quality of life. They know how to make money, usually they have a family and a good job (business). They are interested in many issues, from stocks in stores to the geopolitics of Ukraine and the United States. Such users sit on different sites, at first they do not require specific targeting.
For the convenience of testing hypotheses, the target audience is divided into segments (motorists, politics, business, etc.) for which the same creative can be used.
How to evaluate a real estate advertising campaign and which placements to choose
It is worth paying attention to the quality of traffic that a particular placement gives, to CTR and CPC. On the site, you need to track the bounce rate, the number of pages per session, and the number of leads.
It is better to optimize campaigns for getting leads. To do this, it is worth launching a campaign performance in Google Ads / Facebook Ads, on specialized sites (LUN, DOM RIA). We tested Display & Video 360 in this campaign and share the results below. The start of sales of a new home at competitive prices is a reason to come up with media placement. Such advertising will provide reach and traffic, which can then be converted into leads using remarketing.
The number of leads is a priority for a developer, but not every click can lead to a lead. Clicks that lead to a conversion must have a high CR. You can attract 100 clicks and get 10 leads, or you can attract 1000 clicks and have the same 10 leads. In the second case, most likely, you will have to pay more for advertising, and the cost per lead will be higher.\
A drop in CPC shouldn’t lead to a dramatic drop in conversion rates. It’s important to track associated conversions to understand how ad channels affect lead generation. End-to-end analytics will allow you to analyze customer requests by advertising source.
Objectives and course of the advertising campaign
Our client’s goal is to increase sales of apartments in four residential complexes. We had to build effective reach among the audience, generate demand and increase the number of leads.
For all residential complexes, we used a similar approach and Display & Video 360 tool:
- We set up Floodlight tags for collecting audiences and tracking micro- (going to the “contacts” page, opening cards with the layout of an apartment) and macro-conversions (submitting a form on the website, sending a call-back form). Additionally, we set up High-Probability Lead goals – these are users who visited the site and are similar in behavioral factors to those who left the lead. So we got more data on conversions at the start, and optimized campaigns for them.
- The campaign structure was built on the basis of target audience segmentation and DV360 optimizers. At the start, the campaign was set up with purchasing by CPM and optimized for clicks on banners. As we collect data on conversions, we additionally set up a campaign with purchase by CPC and an optimizer for CPA. The first campaign allowed building knowledge among the target audience and driving targeted traffic to the site. The second one increased the number of leads and helped lower the CPL.
- To determine the target audience at the start of the campaign, the campaign was tuned to different segments:
- by interest;
- interested buyers;
- 3d-party audience;
- site categories and keywords.
As data was collected, less effective placements, audiences and creatives were excluded, and new Look-a-Likes were added. DV & 360 allows you to analyze your audience profile. Based on this analysis, we added new segments. The Interest Report provides statistics and insights not only on the target audience we targeted, but also data on all audience segments, which include cookies of users covered by advertising. This is how we created the audience-performance segments.
- When working with creatives, we tested formats (standard HTML5 banners and responsive creatives), communications (USP and competitive advantages) and visuals.
- We stopped creatives for which statistics showed less efficiency. They added new ones and changed communications as the audience burned out.
We used Display & Video 360 as a new lead-building tool. The developer was already familiar with media placement, programmatic was presented as a Performance source. The main tools for promoting real estate: Google, Facebook, specialized platforms with payment for leads Additionally, you can advertise on maps, send mailings to the database.
In 3 months we received 50 leads, 75% of which are post-click. The cost per click was reduced by 45%. CPC for the last month of placement was UAH 2.2. CTR was 0.45% and grew by 15% during the campaign period.