The Netgear guest network feature is one of the best features that provide access to your extender’s network to other users without sharing the primary login information. It’s really helpful to secure your extender network from potential threats. But, what if the Netgear guest feature isn’t working with your extender? Then, you don’t need to panic. Here, in this article, we have covered all the necessary information that will help you to fix the Netgear guest network not working issue with your extender.
Reboot Your Extender
Sometimes minor technical glitches can become a severe headache as it sometimes restricts users to access the Guest Network feature with their extender. Therefore, we suggest users restart their extender before implementing any other troubleshooting technique. In some cases, minor issues can be removed by simply rebooting their Netgear extender. So, without wasting any more time, let’s reboot:
- Disconnect all connected WiFi-enabled devices from your Netgear extender.
- Remove it from the power source after turning it off.
- Set your extender aside for some time.
- Connect it again to the power socket and turn it on.
- Now, connect your extender to your WiFi-enabled devices and enjoy high-speed internet.
Once finished with the rebooting process, enable the Netgear guest network feature and check if it’s perfectly working for you. If not, then keep reading.
Verify Your Internet Connection
Ensure that your Netgear extender is well-connected to the Internet. If you are using a wired connection, then inspect the Ethernet cable as it needs to be free from any kind of tear and wear to work efficiently. Else, you may not be able to fix the issue you are currently facing. For a wireless connection, be careful while placing your Netgear extender as it needs to be placed within the range of your home router to avoid loss of connection issues.
Important Note: We suggest you prefer a cable connection while accessing the mywifiext.net page for the best result.
Upgrade Netgear Extender Firmware
It’s important to keep your extender firmware up to date to prevent any issues. If the firmware of your extender is not updated, then this might be stopping you from accessing the Guest Network feature. Therefore, to resolve the issue, update it to the most recent version to fix bugs. However, many users aren’t aware of the process to update the firmware of their extender. So, we have managed to put all the information together to upgrade the Netgear extender’s firmware to the latest version and make the task easier.
- Power on your Netgear extender and the computer device.
- On your computer, go to the updated web browser and open it.
- Then, in the address bar, you need to enter http://192.168.1.250 and hit Enter.
- You’ll be directed to the Netgear extender login page where you are required to enter the default username and password.
- Once you’ve entered the required information, click Log In.
- The Netgear extender setup wizard will appear on your screen where you are required to browse the cursor to the Advanced tab, click Administration, and select the Firmware Update option.
- Then, click the Check button to search for new updates.
- If available, select Yes to begin the update process.
- Now, you just need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Netgear extender firmware update process.
Finally, your Netgear extender firmware is updated to the latest version. Now, check whether the issue you were facing has been resolved. If not, then implement the below-mentioned troubleshooting technique.
Reset and Re-configure Netgear Extender
Resetting your extender to the default factory settings is the last resort when none of the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods worked. Just walk through the below steps to execute the restoring process.
- You are required to seek the Reset button located on your Netgear WiFi extender.
- Once you have located the Reset button, push and hold the button until the power LED starts flashing.
- It will then automatically restart and get restored to the default factory settings.
Now, re-configure your Netgear extender by gaining access to the Netgear extender setup wizard.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned troubleshooting hacks will help you to rectify the Netgear guest network not working issue without any trouble. If you know any other troubleshooting techniques that we forgot to mention in the article, then just let us know through the comment section.