Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana is sub-divided into two schemes – PMAY-Urban and PMAY-Gramin. Nearly 1.10 crore houses had been completed under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Gramin. Additionally, over 50 lakh houses are completed under PMAY-Urban.
The accelerated pace of completing houses shows the potential of this scheme to provide “Housing for all” by 2022. This calls for the attention of home aspirants to apply for this and reap the benefits. But before application, note how to check the PMAY list.
How to check a PMAY list?
Follow this step-wise guide to check the PMAY list:
Step 1: Visit the official website of PMAY-U.
Step 2: Navigate to “Search Beneficiary” and select “Search by Name.”
Step 3: Type the first 3 characters of your name mentioned in the application form and select “Show.”
Step 4: After submission, a list will appear on the screen. Individuals can check their name and collect additional details for future reference.
Take a look at the below-mentioned steps for checking the PMAY-Gramin list:
Step 1: Visit the official website of PMAY-Gramin
Step 2: Choose the “Stakeholder” option from the drop-down menu
Step 3: Select “IAY or PMAYG Beneficiary”
Here, a candidate can check his name in two ways:
With registration number
- Visit the official website – rhreporting.nic.in
- Enter the registration number and click on “Submit.”
- A list will reflect the beneficiary’s name and other relevant details on the screen.
If a beneficiary does not have a registration number, he can check the list by selecting “Advanced search.” Enter details like state, district or block area, and others. After submitting, provide the following data:
- Beneficiary’s name
- Sanction order
- BPL number alongside account details
- Spouse or father’s name
Select “Submit” to check your name on the PMAY list. The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana introduced Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme. The candidate’s name appearing in this list will receive a PMAY subsidy on an interest rate of a home loan, lowering the total borrowing cost for constructing or purchasing a new home.
What are the PMAY eligibility criteria?
The beneficiaries are grouped under the following heads based on their financial status:
- Economically Weaker Section – Total household income must not exceed Rs.6 lakh per annum.
- Lower Income Group – Similar to the EWS or Economically Weaker section.
- Middle Income Group I – The total income must not exceed Rs.9 lakh per annum.
- Middle Income group II – Annual income must not exceed Rs.12 lakh.
The eligibility of candidates from each income group differs based on income, carpet area and others. Other minority groups include Scheduled caste, Scheduled Tribe, women, and Other Backward Classes.
Now moving ahead with common eligibility criteria, one must meet the following:
- Applicants must not own a pucca house under his or her or any family member’s name.
- Individuals must not have received any assistance from government schemes before.
- The property’s location must be in the towns mentioned in the 2011 Census list or any updated planning location.
- A female member must hold co-ownership under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana.
If an individual fails to meet the stringent eligibility parameters laid by the government, willing borrowers may opt for a home loan, extended by leading HFCs. These lending institutions offer a high quantum home loan against easy-to-meet eligibility criteria. Also, pre-approved offers streamline the process further. Applicants can check their pre-approved offers by submitting their names and contact details.
Once fulfilling eligibility criteria, individuals can apply for this scheme. Individuals can also check PMAY status online via 2 ways on the official website:
- Assessment ID
- Entering personal details
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana helps individuals realise their dream of constructing their homes. Besides, a continuous revision of this scheme to bring in new benefits like in-built insurance and more makes it a reliable choice for every home aspirant. But, make sure to check the PMAY list before applying for this scheme.