Are you looking to set your Linksys extender back to the default factory settings? Well, there could be various reasons forcing you to take this action. Perhaps, you have forgotten the password of your Linksys extender or possibly your device is not giving you desired internet speed. Whatever the reason is, this how-to guide will explain each and every step that will make you learn about the Linksys extender reset process. So, without any more ado, let’s get started.
You can reset your Linksys extender using various methods, either by accessing the Linksys extender login page or with the press of a button. Below is the breakdown of both the methods explaining how to do Linksys extender reset.
Linksys Extender Reset Using Manual Method
- Make sure your Linksys extender is connected to your home WiFi router.
- Plugin the device into a working power socket and turn on the power button.
- Wait for a while and let the LED lights on your Linksys extender start glowing green.
- Once you can find the lights on your extender is glowing green, get access to your computer or laptop.
- Open a web browser on your system; however, make sure the internet browser you make use of must be running the latest software version. Also, bear in mind to erase cache and cookies from your browser before proceeding further.
- Next, type extender.linksys.com in the address field of the web browser and press the Enter key.
- With the completion of this step, you will find yourself on the Linksys extender login page.
- Reaching here, enter your login password into the given field and press OK.
- You will then be redirected to the dashboard of your Linksys extender.
- Thereafter, head towards the settings of your Linksys extender and locate the Extender Reset option.
- Hitting the option will prompt you to confirm your selection.
Do the same and let your extender get restored to the default factory settings.
Note: You are advised not to interrupt the process within. Else, there could be some fault with your device.
- Your Linksys extender will reboot as soon as the reset process gets completed.
- Now, you need to again set up the device from scratch to start using it.
This method is not feasible to execute for users who have forgotten the password of their Linksys extenders. If you are also among those, then you can try the next method.
Linksys Extender Reset Using Reset Button
You can also reset your Linksys extender using the Reset button. Here’s how:
- Power up your Linksys extender by plugging it into a working power socket.
- Once you find that the LED light on your extender has started glowing green, locate the Reset button on your device.
- Well, keep in mind that the location of the button may vary as per the extender model you have. This is why; consider checking all sides of your extender.
- As soon as you locate the button, press and release it with the help of a pin-like device.
- With the completion of this step, your Linksys extender will reset to its default factory settings.
Now, you are advised to set up your device again to start making use of it. For this, below are the steps for your assistance.
How to Set Up Linksys Extender
1. Place your extender closer to your router and connect both the devices with the help of an Ethernet cable.
2. Next, power up the extender and get access to your computer.
3. On your computer, launch a web browser and type extender.linksys.com into the address field.
4. Hitting the Enter key, you will find yourself on the login page of your extender.
5. Enter your default credentials and proceed further.
6. On the dashboard of your extender, certain prompts will reveal.
7. Following all instructions the same as given, you will be able to set up your Linksys extender.
8. Now, you are good-to-go to connect your client devices with the network of your extender and start using the internet in every corner of your home.
Let us know in the comments that how did you find our post on resetting a Linksys extender to the default settings. Your feedback is awaited!
Read More:- Linksys Router Red Light Issue
An expansion in the growth of infrared imaging industry for security and observation application drive the business development
Laptop or Tablet? 4 Questions to Help You Decide
The Google Doodle: Pacman 30th Anniversary